Types of Benefits - Long Term Care
Long Term Care

What do you think of when you hear the words "long-term care"? Most people will tell you the first thing that comes to mind is a nursing home. Actually, less than 15% of Long-Term Care (LTC) is in a nursing home. The other 85% occurs in the community, mostly at home, but some in adult day care. The fastest growing form of LTC is in assisted living facilities.

The definition of Long Term Care: LTC is a family issue encompassing nursing homes, adult day care, assisted living facilities and home care. There are 1.5 million people in nursing homes and another 10 million are cared for at home or other community settings. Odds are 1 out of 2 Americans over age 65 will need some sort of LTC. Utilization projected by the National Alliance of Caregiving/AARP study reported average caregiving time to be 4.5 years.

Who can and should buy LTC insurance and when? Younger ages (40’s and 50’s) are ideal as premiums are lower and health is better. (40% of people who need LTC are working-age adults ages 18-64, due to accidents, brain tumors, MS, AIDS, central nervous system disorders, strokes, birth defects, mental illness, etc.) People with assets (beyond house and car) of greater than $50,000 and less than $2 million are advised not to self-insure LTC expense. People with much greater means also buy LTC insurance as part a wealth preservation strategy.

If you would like a free quote for this type of coverage, click on the get quote link to the right.

Location:

4717 Gollihar
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
(Corner of Staples & Gollihar)

Phone: 361-852-8005
Fax: 361-853-0137
Toll Free: 800-460-3261

Request a group or individual quote.
Map
 
 
TYPES OF BENEFITS   | EMPLOYER TOOLS   | HEALTH CARE REFORM   | EMPLOYEE TOOLS   | OUR TEAM   | GET QUOTE   | CONTACT US
©2010–2011 HEAVIN & ASSOCIATES INSURANCE AGENCY, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. DESIGN BY REEL SIMPLE PRODUCTIONS